Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I Knocked Upon Your Door"

I knocked up on your door today.
To see if you were there.
I ask you please to let me in.
So I could say prayer.
You told me I don't have to knock.
Just open up the door.
You know your always welcome.
As all the times before.
You ask just what was troubling me?
And you ask what you could do.
I told you that I'd sinned today.
But you already knew.
You told me that life's full of sins.
And you test me everyday.
I ask you to forgive me.
And I ask if I could stay.
You told me that your here for me.
Like all the times before.
But you ask one thing of me.
When I knock upon your door.
You ask if I believe in you?
And if my faith was strong?
You ask me if I knew the difference
In what's right and wrong.
I ask you to forgive me for things I shouldn't do.
I told you that my faith is strong and I believe you.
You smiled and said I love you.
And you sent me on my way.
And you told me I had more to learn.
Before you let me stay.
But you told me to come back again.
When I'm feeling blue.
And you told me to remember
"I hung on the cross for you"


No comments: