Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

"A Midnight Dream"

Hopelessness and despair is the world in which I dwell.
A weakened heart crying out to be rescued from this hell.
As in darkness it came once again calling out my name.
Whispering its promise and leaving its ugly stain.
Empty seem the days that come.
Empty seem the days that go.
Bound am I in grips of this lifeless soul.
With burning tears and endless fears.
And crying in the night.
Just then a star fell from heaven and I seen its brilliant light.
As if wings of an angel in my heart he took flight.
My soul awakened and I heard his tender voice say.
"I died for you. "
"And all my promises are forever true"
To the floor my knees went.
My soul all at once filled with his spirit.
He said... "Look at me can you see?"
"I was once bound now I'm free"
Praise God......I am free.......~Dan Greene~

No comments: