Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Here I am Again"


Here I am again.
Just like I was before.
Why I always end up here.
I'm really not quite sure.
It seems I always build this wall.
That no one can knock down.
It's much easier just to stay away.
Then have me hang around.
I really can't quite blame them.
Or expect them to see.
What I am or who I am.
Or who I try to be.
I really can't expect anyone.
To help me share my pain.
Or see the burdens that I bear.
Or stand with me in the rain.
So this poem is a warning.
To whoever walks my way.
I really don't want to hurt you.
And I won't beg you to stay.
But if you would like to share with me.
The burdens that you bear.
Just know that I will listen.
And just know that I will care.
But also know I cannot change.
The person that you see.
But if you would care to take a chance.
You'll find a friend in me.



No comments: