Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

"Hey There I'm Here. I Been Here All Along"

Hey there I'm here. I been here all along.
Trying to make my presence felt.
Trying to sing my song.
I speak but no one seems to listen.
Like a star the doesn't glisten. I been here all along.
I walk in quite solitude. Just like I done before.
Drained of my self confidence. I'm never really sure.
I always seem to end up here. No matter what I do.
It seems so old. It breaks  my will. Like a worn out shoe.
People passing through my life. They might stop a bit.
They say hello and then they go. I never seem to fit.
Hey there I'm here. I been here all along.
Everything I think is right. Ends up being wrong.
But there is someone who walks with me.
And never left my side. Someone who tells me they are proud.
Someone who doesn't hide.
We've talked each night for many years.
We've both cried a million tears. 
He's helped me conquer all my fears.
And I trust him with my life.
When I get down on my knees and pray.
And thank him for another day.
I always smile when I hear him say.
"HEY THERE IM HERE. I BEEN HERE ALL ALONG"





No comments: