Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

"Memories, Wishes, and Broken Dreams"

Sometimes I feel lost in a ocean of emotion.
Over thinking my ship is sinking. Lost on stormy seas.
Things that was aren't there no more.
Like drift wood washing up shore.
Sometimes life seems like such a chore.
With everything I do.
Sometimes I can't shut off my mind.
Like a treasure that's so hard to find.
My eyes can see but I am blind.
While searching for my soul.
I keep going back and I remember.
Like a dying flame with burning embers.
Back to a day in late September.
When I used to smile.
Memories, wishes, broken dreams.
Life never ends up how it seems.
Like a star that flickers and gleams.
In the night time sky.
There was a time for a while.
That all I seemed to do is smile.
When my life was not on trial.
And everything seemed right.
So now I look for sunny days.
Like long ago and far away.
And I wish, and I pray.
For things that used to be.
So I asked you Lord with your love so kind.
If those days I cannot find.
Please Help me to shut off my mind.
And rest my weary soul.



No comments: