Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

"55"

55 years I've walked this earth .55 years since my birth
Am I dead ? Or am I alive? At the age of 55
Laughter, joy, heartache, pain,sunshine, blue skies, gray skies, rain
Spoken truths, and spoken lies, 
Dreams and nightmares, lullabies. At the age of 55
Wondering how I am perceived. Since the day I was conceived 
Am I who I want to be? Do I like what others see?
Do others hate or envy me? Am I lost?
Or did I arrive at the age of 55?
Am I close to the end? Or the beginning?
Am I losing? Or am I winning?
Should I laugh? Or should I cry? 
At the age of 55.
Prayers for heaven and salvation
Asking God for explanations . Eternal life or damnation?
Standing at life's railroad station. Will I miss the train?
I thank you Lord  for this walk with me.
Through the blue skies, rain, and stormy sea's
Reflections of all my days gone by.
At the age of 55.......~Dan Greene~

No comments: