Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

"The Picture"

I stared into the face of a little boy today.
He was only in a picture I had carefully tucked away.
I wondered all about him as I looked into his eyes.
Then something deep inside my soul told me he often cried.
I felt a strange connection as his eyes pierced through my heart.
It didn't take me long to realize I'd known him from the start.
He was a special part of me I had somehow tucked inside.
And as I stood and stared at him I began to cry.
I wanted to embrace him and tell him he was good.
But the words did not come so easy and I wasn't sure I could.
His little face stared back at me as if to almost speak.
And as my heart reached out to him I knew what I must seek.
The sadness and the loneliness was all that I could see.
Because the little boy in that picture was a picture of me. ~Dan Greene~

No comments: