Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

"A walk with God"

 
One late September morning when the leaves on the trees were in full
color of gold, crimson, orange, and red and there was a heavy frost
and the sky was blue and the sun had just began to rise. I put my
jacket on and went for a walk to enjoy all of God's beauty. As I
walked I began to think of all the things in my life that God has
given me. I wondered why certain things happened and why they happened
the way they do. I ask God why I could still feel like something is
missing in my life even though I have been blessed with all the things
he has given me? I ask him why I could still feel lonely even though I
have people around me everyday? I also ask him to help me figure out
the answers to these questions. As I walked along I watched the leaves
starting to fall from the trees they are so beautiful why must they fall to
the ground and take away the beauty of the tree? Then it hit me. Even
though the tree is so beautiful when these colorful leaves are on it
they must fall to the ground to make room for the new leaves to appear
come springtime.Even though the tree will be bare and lifeless during the winter and seem alone. Come spring there will be new leaves on the tree. It waits patiently for the company of the leaves .And God spoke to me. I cannot be with you in person everyday but I can be with you in spirit . I also ask God to help me smile he told me when I'm feeling low and all alone I will smile just as the tree will have new leaves in the springtime.I also noticed as the sun had risen higher in the sky it started to melt the heavy frost that was a blanket on everything it touched. As I watched the frost dissapear and feel the warmth of the sun on my face it made me think of the warmth I have when I'm with God. I ask God another question I said father will there come a day when I can open my eye's in the morning and smile because I know you will there when I awaken? Just then the cool September breeze hit my face and the sun dissapeared behind a cloud and I knew right away the answer to that question. The answer is this. I may not see God's face in this life time the way I would like to but I can still enjoy the pleasure of his company. But I must be paitent. I must be content with how I live now. So as I walked along I thought of the time when I will get to see God's face . Just then the sun came out from behind that cloud and shined on me and I realized that I will see God if I can be a paitent man. As I walked futher along I looked at all of God's beauty and how it burns a lasting impression in my mind and I thought again of that day.I thought of how everything I like about God is burned deepley in my mind and how I will always have that even if I can't be with him. So as the sun started to hide behind the thickening clouds that have begun to appear in the late September sky and how they take away the glory of the suns brillant light it made me think of God once more. I feel the happiness and warmth that his presents brings me but when he is gone I feel like the sun has went behind the clouds and stopped shining and I must wait again until the sun appears to feel it's warmth and look at it's beauty. As I begin to walk back home and the cold wind blows across my face and the sky is now gray and I only have the colors of the leaves to enjoy I stop and reach down and pick up the most vibirant leaf I can find laying on the ground I stare at it and again I think of him. This time I close my eye's as I'm holding this beautiful leaf and I imagine that I am holding his hand. And I ask God Two more questions. Father will you always stay with me? And will you not grow tired of me until my last day of this lifetime? If you grant me these two things I will be happy and I will not ask nothing else of you. Just then the sun appeared once more from behind the clouds so I raised my head and smiled and said thank you father I knew you would answer me. Still holding the beautiful leaf I had picked up from the ground I started to walk back home I passed a small stream that had swollen from the recent rains. I knelt beside the stream looked at the beautiful leaf one more time kissed it and placed it in the fast moving water.I watched it until it dissapeared from sight and just at that moment the sun went back behind the clouds and the wind began to blow and it began to rain. I put the hood of my jacket over my head and walked quickley back home.The rain began to fall harder so I stopped under a large oak tree I let the beautiful leaves protect me from the cold rain. And I thoguht of God once more. I realized that when I'm sad and feeling alone you protect me just by being there for me. And when I finally made it home I went inside and put some coffee on and put some dry clothes on and sat by the warmth of the fire. Then I said a prayer. Thank you father for walking with me today and making me see that I can find the answers to all my qusetions when you walk beside me. And when I'm feeling sad and alone all I need to do is to take a walk with you!!!!! AMEN

No comments: