Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Thoughts I can't control"

My mind is sometimes tortured by the thoughts I can't control
They cut me deep. They break my heart
They burn my very soul
Broken mirrors show no reflection
Broken dreams and rejections
Darkness dwells in a man made hell
No coins to throw in the wishing well
Dreaming dreams of yesterday
Long ago and far away
Things aren't how the use to be
When precious memories followed me
It seems there lost in a stormy sea
In thoughts I can't control
Dark gray clouds that block the sun
Woven wishes come undone
A rat race that I have to run
In thoughts I can't control
Rainbows with no colors
Swimming with the bottom dwellers
Cob webs in a cold damp cellar
In thoughts I can't control
But in these dark and broken dreams
There is a light that still can gleam
There is hope there is a way
Just get down on your knees and pray
Just ask God to show the way
With the thoughts you can't control

No comments: