Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

"Confusion"


I wanted to share this. Something that a great friend of  mine wrote. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own problems and never realize or think how small our problems can be compared to others. I think this is a great take on how we should appreciate all the things God has given us in our lives. And to thank him everyday and pray for those who have much greater problems then we do....Thank you "poemgal" for letting me share this to my blog it's a great addition and great insight 



Confusion
It is that moment where nothing makes sense
The entire world looks like a foreign object to you
Has it always been this way or have I been deceiving myself
Was I only seeing what I wanted myself to see
So preoccupied with myself I didn't notice
Did it ever occur to me to step past my own walls
Was taking care of my own needs of more value 
Did I not see what was happening around me
An entire world of problems I didn't care to notice 
Why get involved what difference would it make
So I closed my eyes and ears to the news 
Focused on the troubles in my head
Meanwhile people are starving
Living in poverty
People killing innocent lives 
One tragedy after and other
It's time to pray for my fellow man
Help someone when I can
Listen more than I speak
Be a blessing more than a burden
Make everyday count
Pray when I'm scared
Ask for help when I need it
But complain less and humble myself more
My life may not be perfect
But is anybody without problems
I have lots to be thankful for
All I need to do is step out the door
Look down the street and see
The homeless man pushing his cart
Or the mother who's husband left her 
Leaving her to raise three kids on minimum wage
Or the parents of a sick little girl
Everyone has a story to tell
Will I refuse to listen 
Because my own feels more real 
Or will I bow down to my Heavenly Father 
And ask him to help me each day
To put me on a path and give me a purpose 
Lead me oh God along my way 
I ask for you to help me to be strong
To ask for forgiveness when I do wrong
I know I'm not perfect by any means
But I pray you shape me and mold me to be more like you
When I am weak and foolishness I speak
Help me get up and back on track
Make me see what I been missing all these years
That my life has value in spite of my fears
That with each small step I take
With every bad habit I try and break
That I'm getting closer to the woman I want to be

No comments: