Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

"An Aunts prayer"

Trapped in this cell. It feels like hell. Confused, afraid,alone. Just a boy forced to be a man without no clue to life's plan. These walls close in on me. Trapped like a rat. I can't be free. Pacing the floor not knowing for sure. What tomorrow might bring.It feels like a bad dream. I just want to scream. Let me out of here!!!!! My thoughts torment me my soul feels broken. My body feels numb. There is only two things I can do. Live this hell everyday. Or kneel down to my knees and pray. The choice is up to me. I read letters from loved ones.My only reprieve to the outside world. I read prayers from my Aunt and words that show her love for me. I must make a decision. I feel someone with me at that moment. A presence a warm and safe feeling. Something that I had and miss so deeply. The feeling of love. Suddenly things look brighter to me. Suddenly I realize what I have been searching for. Suddenly I feel many prayers being said for me. They have not given up on me. They love me and God loves me. I have wandered around half of my young life trying to fit in. Feeling like a square trying to fit in a round hole.Trying to be popular. Doing things that I know was wrong just to feel wanted.Where are all those people now? The ones I wanted to be like. The ones that said "we got your back". Why could I not see that the people who mattered most to me have stood by me all along. They are still there waiting and praying they are the ones that have my back. And God has my back. He showed me that even in this awful terrible place he's not afraid to sit right here with me. My Aunt loves me. My family loves me. And God loves me. He is offering me a choice right now. I must make that choice. I must choose his love. Because he is truly the only one that has my back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just goes to show you no matter what God is there for us in our darkest days. When life feels empty we can turn to him for comfort. When mistakes are made he can forgive us and guide us on the right path. He can remind us who has been there all along. He give us hope. Great meaning and words of hope.

Unknown said...

Amen to that ! His light can shine on your darkest days.