Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Birthday memories of my father in law"

Today is your day but your not here anymore.
I really do miss you that's for sure.
You had certain ways of making me smile.
And I think I will think of those things for a while.
You never had a worry.
You never had a care.
But when I needed you.
You were always there.
You were one of a kind that's for sure.
I wish you were here.
But your not here anymore.
You always had a smile and the right words to say.
And I'm celebrating you.
Because today is your day.
Birthday wishes and birthday prayers.
I'm still here but you are there.
Your days here on earth were a sight to behold.
You were a special person.
With a heart of gold.
So I'm celebrating today.
All those wonderful years.
But your birthday candles.
Were put out by my tears.
Tears of happiness and tears of sorrow.
And when my day comes and I have no tomorrow's.
I will see you again and be able to say.
Happy birthday to you.
But till then I will pray.

Happy Birthday "Prest" I miss you! 



No comments: