Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Cassandra Wise"

I once met a girl named Cassandra Wise a quite young girl who batted her eyes. She had long brown hair and a short pudgy nose. And she wore bright red slippers that showed all her toes. She liked to pick flowers and put them in vases. And she loved to draw pictures of smiley faces. She carried a small bucket full of bright colored chalk. That she used to draw pictures each day when she walked. She would draw smiley faces on the bark of trees on the side of the building that makes stinky cheese. She would draw on park benches on walls and on poles. And sometimes she'd get chalk on her short pudgy nose. I would watch her somedays for hours and hours drawing her pictures or picking her flowers. And then one day to my surprise she walked up to me as she batted her eyes. She ask me my name and if I lived here in town. She said I always see you when I'm walking around. I said my names Earl and I live down the block right next to the building with the great big clock. Can I ask you one question? I'd just like to know. Why do you draw smiley faces where ever you go? She said they are fun and they make people happy and they help people smile when there feeling  quite crappy. And those flowers I pick and put in those vases also put smiles on sad people's faces. I love to spread smiles. I love to spread joy to every sad girl and every sad boy. And I stopped . And I thought. And it made realize we need more people like Cassandra Wise !!!!! ~Dan Greene~

No comments: