Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"First Love"

Complete and total adoration. My gift to you, my heart was yours. In one year you shaped it. In one night you destroyed it. Torn from my chest. Laid at your feet. That first step you took was the worst. Since then you've walked a thousand miles in solace and short remarks. And still I have these memories. But I will never see what could have been. Remember when we talked about where we would be a year from now? Remember when you held my hand like you'd never let it go? We will never make another memory. I wish sometimes I would have died in your arms that last night we were together. So I would not have had to wake another day without you. I really thought things were real. You said they were. What happened? You were my priority. But I was your option. I let you see a side of me that I didn't share with anyone. Promises are just words unless they are for filled. You knew from the beginning all I had to offer you was my heart. I'm sorry that wasn't enough. So we went our own ways. And hopefully you remember all the things I told you that night. Hopefully you understood that everything I said was in sincerity. A broken heart was never what I wanted. But I guess I've learned from it. But aren't you supposed to learn from your mistakes? I will never consider knowing you a mistake. I just wish this story never ended. Because I'm still in love with the person who helped me write it!!!!!!!  ~Dan Greene~

No comments: