Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

"My Journey to the Top of the Mountain"

Echo's of thunder as I walk along the path of the Great Mountain side.The majestic splendor of an eagle soaring in flight. The sun surrendors to the dark gray clouds that fill the sky. A cool sping wind hits my face and blows across the flat lands just below me. The pale brown grass sways back and forth as if it's ready to give way to the birth of the green grass of a new spring. The smell of rain fills my sense's with exhilaraion I stop and close my eyes and take a deep breath and smile at the wonders of creation. The clashing thunder becomes louder and it's vibration resinates through my body and touches my soul and I feel the power and magnitude of an awesome God. Huge drops of rain begin to fall I take shelter under the umbrella of the over hanging rocks just ahead of me. As I huddle there I watch the water of the fresh spring rain cascade down the over hanging rocks I reach out and cup my hand and take a drink of the water's of life. The cool crisp taste hits my tongue and quenches my thirst. As the rain begins to stop it leaves as quickley as it came. But it can still be seen racing across the land. As the dark gray clouds become unladen with the burdens of the heavy rain they seperate and the sun bursts through and it's glimmering rays create the perfect awesome rainbow that stretches across the flat lands and into the mountains off in the distance. As I reamurge from underneath the umbrella of rocks I start my walk once more. As I approach the path that leads higher up the mountain. I hear the birds singing there songs of spring. And before I start up the long steep path that leads me home I stop and close my eye's once more. And I thank God for this path he has chosen for me. And I know when I start my journey up to the mountain top there will be many rough spots along the way. But my journey will be worth anything I may face because he will be there at the top waiting for me. ~Dan Greene~

No comments: