Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Do you think your life was worth living?"

One day a man came to the end of his life. And he stood before God. And God ask him do you think your life was worth living? The man said to God I have had many hardships in my life but I have also had many joys and happy times. God said to the man that is not what I ask you. I ask you if you think your life was worth living. God also said to the man I want you to take my hand we are going to go back to the very beginning of your life and you are going to see everyday day you spent here on earth . So the man sat there with God and watched his entire life play before him like a movie. There were many happy childhood moments in his life but also many moments of pain. As he watched his teenage years go by he was embarrassed at some of things he done sitting there with God watching these things. As he watched his adult life play before him he smiled at the days of his children and the joy they had brought to his life. But he was also saddened watching love ones pass away. There were so many things he done wrong but also so many things he done right and as he watched his final days of life play out he looked at God and said please forgive me father for all those bad things I done but thank you for all the great times of my life. So God said to the man again. Do you think your life was worth living? And the man stood there before God and said yes I do father but the thing I'm worried most about is if I'm worthy of you and worthy of heaven. God looked at him and said I left something out of your life that I just played for you. And the man said to God I think I know what you left out. And God said to the man what's that? And the man said to God you left out all the times I prayed and ask for you to show me the way and all the times I ask you for forgiveness for my sins. And God said to the man do you think I answered your prayers? And the man said the path my life has taken has always included you in it so yes I always felt comfort in prayer. So God ask the man for the final time do you think your life was worth living? And the man said to him yes father I do. And God looked at the man and smiled and took his hand once more and said let's go home!!!!!! ~Dan Greene~

No comments: